Sunday 12 February 2012

Production: Protographs & Article

Below are two slideshows which consist of the photos I took for my production work. I have also labelled which images I chose to use for my final production.
Media photos!!!
View more presentations from bethsquires.

Media photos part 2
View more presentations from bethsquires.





For my Double Page Spread, I created a word document for my article before I added it to my working product, This was so I could proof read and make changes until I was happy with it.
Title: Raising HOPE
The Blackout’s vocalists Sean Smith and Gavin Butler spoke to Amplify about the hurdles the band faced while working on their forthcoming third album Hope. After their past two albums being a total flop and the entire band about to buckle under the weight of struggle and self doubt; the six-piece have finally found their feet and are getting ready to embark on their biggest tour to date.
Sean reveals that when the album – which was funded by a successful Pledge Music campaign, where fans made financial contributions in return for exclusive merchandise and unique days out with the band – is finally released, the two year gap between records has paved the way for a collection of darker and more mature songs, inspired by fractured relationships caused by life in a touring rock band.
“The album title is a bit of a double entendre” says Sean. “There’s the wide-eyed hope and the negative, almost desperate meaning of the word. The word hope appears a lot in the lyrics. “It’s a little darker than The Best In Town (The Blackout’s second album),” he adds. “Since we released that album, we’ve gone through lots of things that have shaped us. It’s about our relationships and us growing up”.
The Welsh sextet has grown into themselves on their impressive third album. Of course, it doesn’t much matter how many obstacles a band happens to have overcome if the album they’ve battles to create isn’t worth the effort. But with Hope, the South Wales’ valley’s most relentless act has managed to create something that often sparkles with class and individualism. The root of the album’s success is not merely strong songs, but songs that demonstrate the band’s talents to best effect. This is a creation made up of fabulous riffs, of knockout choruses and of songs that by turn are heavier than anything the band has produced before.
“I love all of the songs on the album,” says Gavin. “Like a proud father but I think a standout song for me personally, where everyone stepped up and tried something different was The Storm, the closing track of the album. It really paid off and I think people will be pleasantly surprised when they hear it.” So the future is looking rosy for the Welsh rockers, but Sean admits they’ve got one particular ambition they’d like to fulfil in the next 12 months...
“We basically want to take over the world” he admits. “There’ve been times when we’ve joked about that, but that is literally what we want. We can’t wait to release Hope and just tour the shit out of it. The songs sound absolutely massive we can’t wait for everyone to hear them.”


No comments:

Post a Comment